Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Place Like No Other

It is really exciting to work at a place that has so much energy. This energy comes from the history, the landscape, and most of all the passion from all the visitors. I find it absolutely amazing that these people from different places from all over the world can all be united by one person – Miss Flannery O’Connor. Getting to meet these diverse people with so much love for Flannery O’Connor and writing is so enjoyable, and they make me have an even greater appreciation of writing.

I can honestly say that I look forward to going to work each morning. I look forward to seeing the beautiful views of the pond and the fields and am in awe of the amount of history that can be packed into these 544 beautiful acres. It’s amazing to see the eager faces of people that come to Andalusia to learn more about such an influential author. It is truly a blessing to have a job that teaches me something new every time I go. Whether it is learning how to work a cash register or learning about this history of the town I grew up in, this job has educated me in ways no other job could. Andalusia is a place like no other and we are so blessed to have it in our town!

-Konner Smith, Visitors Services Assistant
The Flannery O'Connor Andalusia Foundation

On Saturdays, Konner (a 16 year old from Gray, GA) has joined Andalusia's staff as Visitor Services Assistant. Her position not only supplements staff on one of our busiest days, but contributes to job creation, skills acquisition, and mentoring for a teen in our community. We're happy to have her on board!

No comments: