You are invited to test your knowledge of Flannery O'Connor and Andalusia by entering a trivia contest we are having. You could win a copy of Hugh Howard's attractive book, Writers of the American South. This lavishly illustrated, hardcover book features the homes of many writers from our region. To enter the contest, correctly answer the five questions below and send your answers to us no later than Dec. 1, 2010 to either of the following addresses:
P.O. Box 947 Milledgeville, GA 31059
We will have a drawing in December to select from the participants who answered all five questions correctly and will announce the winner of the prize shortly thereafter. Good luck!
1. Flannery O'Connor gave her mother a burro for Mother's Day one year. What were the names of the three burros that lived at Andalusia during Flannery O'Connor's time here?
2. Who was the twentieth-century sports legend that Flannery O'Connor admired so much?
3. What did Flannery O'Connor mix with her coffee?
4. What year did Flannery O'Connor acquire her first peafowl?
5. Before retiring every night, Flannery O'Connor read excerpts from what famous theological treatise?